Its estimated that 68% of Americans use the internet on a regular basis. This is an increase of over 120% since the year 2000. Over the next 3- 5 years the same type of increase is expected. As more and more structured settlement recipients gain access to the World Wide Web, comes greater responsibility for structured settlement factoring companies to educate these consumers on the process, laws, and facts of the industry.
Continued efforts should be concentrated on the following areas when educating consumers about structured settlement factoring:
- discount rates- how this variable effects the present value of the annuity
- present value- how both the discount rate and time value of money effect this variable
- time value of money- how this effects the present value of the annuity
- laws- consumers should have easy access to both local (state) and federal laws
- process- consumers need to be educated on the entire process of the factoring transaction
- pricing- how the pricing is calculated-- rate guides
- bad practices- educate consumers on unscrupulous sales tactics and practices
Each one of these points can easily be explained in a 200 word article, but with any unfamiliar subject the point needs to be hammered home time and time again. Settlement Quotes will be releasing the first of our series of tools and articles this coming Friday to help with the education of consumers and financial professionals. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.